Follow us on Facebook and Bill Murray will come to your house and offer to shovel your walk. If you share our comics with your friends, then apparently he’ll do it and not just steal your snow-shovel
That’s what I’ve heard anyway. I may have been misinformed.
If you’re not a gamer here’s a comic from our archive to cheer up your Thursday, “When the Wife’s Away.”
This has been a really good time for us here at Unicorn Soup. As you know we got nominated for a spot on Kotaku’s Sunday Comics page. Well fans the news is we didn’t win a spot–I call it “news” rather than “bad news,” because I don’t think there was anyway that the nomination could have turned-out badly for us.
Would it have been nice to win? Certainly, but we gained a lot from the experience. Here’s a quick list:
- We got a nice bump in our readership, and hopefully picked up a few more regular readers.
- People on Kotaku actually said complementary things about our strip–this from one of the snarkiest collection of trolls on the internet.
- It really is flattering to have been nominated alongside the biggest and most popular comics on the planet. Ego boost!
Sincere thanks from Jim and I to everyone who voted for us, posted our strip, and worked to get the word out. It’s humbling to have people appreciate and believe in your work.
PS If you’re in a holiday mood you’ll probably enjoy this from our archive, “The Gift that Keeps on Giving.” In a related story ,I bought my 19 month old son every Lord of the Rings themed Lego in existence. Happy Thursday!
Everything’s coming up Milhouse here in the land of the Soup.
We’ve been nominated for a spot on Kotaku’s Sunday Comics. There are two things you can do to help us get there.
- Vote! Here’s the link. You can vote for up to ten artists, just be sure that we’re one of them 🙂 Give our buddy Javis over at Legacy Control some love as well…come on the man quit his job to make you laugh, the least you can do is toss a few dozen votes his way from every IP you’ve got access to.
- Spread the word! Share the URL below with your Facebook/Twitter friends, there’s no login necessary, and ten seconds of your time could make a huge difference in our lives. Here’s the link, and it’s built for sharing 🙂
The exposure we’d receive would be huge for Jim and I–good lord I want this to happen! Just look at this post, I’m using emoticons! I never do that–this is serious.
In news unrelated to my comic fantasies…huh, well actually there’s nothing else in my brain right now. Basically, I’m just wondering how much grovelling and begging is too much, and how I might get access to a huge bank of computers.
In case you are planning on entertaining strumpets– they prefer french toast, or so I’ve been told.
In news unrelated to breakfast themed malapropisms, Skyrim needs a warning label. Along the lines of the Surgeon General’s warning on cigarettes. Here are my suggestions:
- Caution: Skyrim May be Hazardous to Your Relationships
- SURGEON GENERAL’S WARNING: Skyrim Causes Ceaseless Daydreams And Discontent With Reality, Hemorrhoids, and the Acceptance of Hotpockets as “Food”
- SURGEON GENERAL’S WARNING: Quitting Skyrim Now Greatly Reduces Risks You’ll Spend the Next Two Hours Organizing Virtual Bookshelves.
- SURGEON GENERAL’S WARNING: Playing Skyrim By a Pregnant Women May Result in Injury, a Hormonal Rant About How She Should Have Married Larry, And Significantly Lower Chance of Fathering Children Again.
- SURGEON GENERAL’S WARNING: Skyrim Is Everything You’ve Ever Wanted In a Game. If You’ve Read Any Steinbeck–You Know It’ll Wind-up Destroying You.
Think about it Surgeon General.